I’m Danie Smallwood (Danie is pronounced just like “Danny”; beginning of Danielle).
Photography is my passion. It’s my constant reminder to always look for the beauty in life. To slow down and appreciate even small moments. A photograph can create a sense of simplicity out of even the most chaotic of moments.
Aside from photography, a few other things that I love:
- Having time to spend with my family and friends!
- Having time alone with a good book and a glass of Pepsi
- Amazon.com and their free 2 day shipping
- Glee and So You Think You Can Dance
- Weather warm enough to go out without a coat, cool enough to wear long sleeves (asking for much in Washington, DC?)
- Wind and cloudy days
- Reading, books like Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time Series (and many, many other books!)
- The start of a new project
- Engagements (that’s why I love photographing them!).
Since my primary photography job is to document the lives of my own little ones, it’s only natural for me to point you to a few posts about us throughout my blog. :) They make a pretty regular appearance!